We are a proud member of the Association of Personal Historians. Our Life Story takes great pride in giving our best to capture the stories of everybody’s life in the easiest and most affordable manner possible.
Learn why you should save your life stories
Our Life Story abides by the Association of Personal Historians Code of Ethics:
All members of the Association of Personal Historians must agree that they will adhere to APH’s Code of Ethics, which states the core values of our profession. To protect the integrity of the profession and safeguard the interests of individual clients and narrators, all members are expected to:
- Conduct business according to impeccable standards of fairness and integrity.
- Represent honestly their qualifications, background, and professional affiliations.
- Provide clients with the highest quality of service possible.
- Work diligently and with reasonable promptness.
- Abide by agreements with clients and narrators, establishing new agreements as necessary.
- Act in the best interests of the client, narrator, and profession, avoiding both violations of intellectual property rights (including copyright) and conflicts of interest, activity, or influence.
- Respect the inherent worth of all persons.
- Respect clients’ and narrators’ wishes about privacy, confidentiality, and nondisclosure.
- Respect the right of clients and narrators to hold values, beliefs, attitudes, and opinions that differ from their own.
- Respect cultural, individual, and role differences, including those based on age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, language, and socioeconomic status.
- Act honorably toward other members of the profession and the field as a whole.
This code of ethics was adopted by the APH Board of Directors on November 1, 2005, and revised in March 2013. Our members set their own fees and policies. The Association of Personal Historians Inc. cannot be held liable for the performance of any Personal Historian.